Easter is celebrated on Sunday 24 April. Profile.ru chose a simple recipe that will help you quickly, inexpensively and beautifully decorate the table for the Orthodox holiday.
Mom cake recipe
- fresh yeast – 40 g;
- milk – 350 ml;
- eggs – 4 pcs.;
- butter – 150 g;
- sugar – 250 g;
- flour – about 1 kg;
- salt – 1 teaspoon;
- sour cream – 150 g;
- saffron – 1 teaspoon;
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. for ;
- vanillin – 2 g;
- raisins – 80 g;
- candied carrots – 50 g;
- protein – 1 pc .;
- sugar – 100 g;
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Dilute fresh yeast in ½ cup of warm milk with the addition of 1 teaspoon of sugar and let it brew. If you use dry yeast, then the amount of flour designed for one package is usually written on the package. Sometimes dry yeast needs to be immediately added to the flour, and sometimes it needs to be dissolved in milk.
- Pour the activated yeast into a bowl for kneading the dough, add half of the total amount of milk, a little sugar of the total amount and flour to make the dough as thick as pancakes. This will be steam. Cover the dough with a towel and place in a quiet, warm place to rise.
- Pour the remaining milk with infusion of saffron into the risen dough, add sugar, salt, vanillin, eggs, sour cream, soft butter and vegetable oil. To mix everything. Add the flour at the end, add it and knead it at the same time. The dough should be kneaded for at least 10 minutes until it is completely smooth and comes out of the hands. Cover with a towel, wrap and put in a warm place for an hour and a half. The rising time depends on the density of the dough and the temperature in the kitchen as well as on the amount of cakes.
- The dough for the Easter “Mother” cake is not made thick. If the dough is intended for other products, then the batch can be made more dense by adding more flour. After an hour, when the dough has risen once, add the candied fruits, wash the raisins and knead everything again.
- We spread the dough into half shapes. Cover the dough so it does not dry out, and give it time to set. The dough should rise almost to the edges of the pan, and it will rise more in the oven. We bake “Mother” Easter cakes in a preheated oven, first at 150 ° C for about 10 minutes, then raise the temperature to 190 ° C and bake until completely cooked. Baking time again depends on the size of the molds.
- For the glaze, beat the egg whites with lemon juice while adding sugar until the mixture is thick and shiny. Decorate the cookies to your liking.
- chicken eggs – 8 pcs.;
- Table vinegar – 2 tbsp. for ;
- paper napkins – 2 pcs.;
- Food coloring – 4 pcs.
- Wash and boil the eggs well, then cool them with cold water.
- We take the eggs out of the water and wipe them dry.
- Wrap each egg in a paper towel.
- Moisten the eggs on all sides with vinegar.
- We drip a little dye on the eggs, and quickly spread on a damp cloth.
- Let the eggs dry for an hour and a half. Then we remove the napkins.