You can also use boiled or fried potatoes that have not been eaten the day before. Often, these eggs are also cooked for dinner.
Spanish “Broken Egg” for breakfast
According to the principle of cooking eggs, this breakfast has something in common with Turkish Menmen omelette. The eggs should also firm up a bit with the yolk liquid still.
“Broken eggs” is similar to another morning, but really a Spanish dish – tortilla de patatas. Potatoes are needed.
Cooking.nytimes.com Deals Eat young or old potatoes. There are jamun recipes, which can be replaced with dried sausage or any pork.
spanish broken eggs
spanish broken eggs / Photo: Cooking.nytimes.com
- 50 grams olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked red pepper;
- Red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Small or old potatoes
- 1 medium onion finely chopped.
- 4 finely chopped garlic cloves.
- 4 eggs.
How to cook:
- Combine olive oil, paprika, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and 1 cup of water. Place the potatoes in a large skillet and pour over the olive oil mixture.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and cook over high heat until potatoes are soft, 6 to 9 minutes. If the potatoes stick together or become dry, add more olive oil.
- Arrange the potatoes in an even layer, chopping side up, then add the onions and garlic. Cover and cook for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Make 4 wells in the potatoes and cut an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook until egg whites are firm, 4 to 6 minutes.
- To serve, gently break the yolk with a spoon and garnish with herbs.
Another Spanish recipe – chicken chilindron with bell peppers – read here.